07 Dec Future of Agriculture 030: The Shark Farmer with Rob Sharkey
On today’s episode of the Future of Agriculture Podcast, I am chatting with possibly one of the most active Twitter users within the agricultural space – Rob Sharkey. Rob is the host of an amazing podcast I recently discovered called The Shark Farmer Podcast.
“Sharky,” as his friends lovingly call him, runs a grain farm in Illinois in addition to an outfitters business for deer hunters. Today, I had the chance to ask him some of the most pressing questions I’ve always wanted to ask a farmer. Additionally, he shares his story of some of the most difficult challenges and obstacles he and his wife has had to face as a business owner, and he shares his unique opinion on various “ag-vocating” strategies appearing on social media over the last few years.
“Social media has been one of the best things for the agriculture industry.” – Rob Sharkey
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- Sharky explains why he decided to start his podcast and what the journey has been like for him.
- He explains why he stopped using Twitter for about a year.
- We discuss “hard times,” what hard times looked like for him and his wife, and how they overcame these challenges.
- We talk about the ag-vocating strategies across social media and he shares his opinion about these messages.
- He shares his advice to farm equipment and product sellers.
- He shares his opinion on the different “clicks” throughout the agriculture industry.
- Sharky shares his least favorite thing about owning a farming business, and what he thinks would change when his children take over the farm.
- He gives us insider information on what he plans to discuss at the Ag Chat Conference later this week!
Check Out Rob Sharky Across the Net:
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting:
Like the podcast? Subscribe!
Get curated insights about the people, companies, and perspectives shaping the future of agriculture!