21 Jun Future of Agriculture 058: The Best STEM Delivery Tool with Dr Daniel Foster
Dr. Daniel Foster is a proponent of agricultural literacy and is currently an Agricultural Teacher Educator at The Pennsylvania State University. He credits his mother for his love for the industry which all started when his mom decided to move out of Texas to Arizona to further her career in agriculture. He was just 15 going 16 at the time and was a starter on his school’s football team, so he considers this part of his life as a fun transition.
In Arizona, he decided to pursue a degree in agriculture and continue his studies until he eventually got his doctorate at Ohio State. To this day, he recalls never really wanting to teach agriculture. That is until February of his senior year as a student teacher. It was then he realized he wanted to keep doing this, teaching young minds about the importance and future of agriculture, for the rest of his life.
On today’s episode, Dr. Foster talks about how his mom inspired him to pursue agricultural studies, why he decided to become a student teacher, the importance of Ag literacy, and his thoughts on Ag Educators.
“It’s a lot more fun helping a kid discover what they have inside through agriculture than it is trying to twist the arm of an elected official to recognize the importance of our industry.” – Dr. Daniel Foster
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- What contributes to the Ag teacher shortage?
- Do rural areas need better Ag programs?
- What does Ag literacy success look like?
- Why should Ag literacy be relevant to everybody?
- How Ag literacy can cause you to make better lifestyle choices.
- Why the engine of Ag education is the educator.
- Core pain points causing attrition in the ranks of Ag teachers.
- The importance of facilitating and utilizing support programs in Ag education.
- His goal of funding a female agricultural production operation in every continent.
Check Out Daniel Foster Across the Net:
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: