18 Oct Future of Agriculture 075: A Level Playing Field For Farmers Through Data with Charles Baron of Farmers Business Network
Charles Baron is the Co-Founder of Farmers Business Network, an idea conceived by farmers for farmers. The company aims to gather unbiased and objective information with regards to agronomics and commodities. The idea is to pool available data from individual farmers, so every farmer in their network would benefit from them. The company started three years ago with just 3-4 farms, but through word of mouth and good service, they now have close to 4,700 farms within their network. Charles and his team plan on ultimately expanding his reach outside the U.S. and continue to improve their data interpretation and gathering services.
In this episode, Charles explains the idea behind Food Business Network, what drove him to become a farmer, and the problems farmers face in the U.S. that go unnoticed. He also shares how his company managed to grow their network to what it is now, and their outlook for the future of their company.
“Farmers Business Network exists to bring benefits back to our farmers using our technology and network.” – Charles Baron
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- What problems does Farmers Business Network solve for farmers?
- Why farmers have the worst economics.
- The uses of Farmers Business Network in terms of commodity prices.
- What does the side benefiting from the status quo think of their company’s business strategy?
- How transparent is farmer’s business network? Why did some hate their price transparency?
- What kinds of farms do they cover?
- How do they make sure the data is validated?
- How do they market their services to farmers?
- His thoughts on fluctuating commodity and input prices.
- Any plans on serving the animal agriculture side?
- What gets investors excited about Farmers Business Network?
Connect with Charles Baron:
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting:
Like the podcast? Subscribe!
Get curated insights about the people, companies, and perspectives shaping the future of agriculture!