14 May Personal and Professional Development with Sarah Bohnenkamp – AgGrad Live 016
Sarah joins me today to share what inspired her to become a communications artist and how she helps professionals within the agriculture industry achieve their career goals. She shares how she became an Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer within the beef industry despite having limited connections or industry experience. She also explains how your mindset impacts your ability to achieve your career goals, the most common mistakes many young professionals make throughout their careers, and how being confident and understanding your strengths can impact your ability to climb the corporate ladder.
“There are no rules for how you need to move up the ladder in your career.” – Sarah Bohnenkamp
Today on AgGrad Live:
- How to create impact during a job interview.
- Balancing being humble while sharing your strengths and abilities with potential employers.
- The difference between a mentor and a coach.
- How to identify when it’s time to hire a coach to advance your career.
- The importance of investing in the relationships you build with your employers and co-workers.
- The importance of being confident, sharing your ideas, knowing what you’re good at, and asking for opportunities.
- Identifying when it’s appropriate to share your intentions with your employers.
- How to identify, explore, and apply your strengths to your career.
- How having a personal Board of Directors can impact your career.
- The importance of understanding the wants and needs of the people you want to serve.
Sarah Bohnenkamp’s Advice for AgGrads:
- The “See, Do, Get” model pushes everything we do.
- See things clearly – What is the goal you want to accomplish?
- Do things that will keep you disciplined and moving forward.
- Then, you will get the stuff you want.
Connect with Sarah Bohnenkamp:
- Sarah Bohnenkamp’s website
- Sarah Bohnenkamp on Facebook
- Sarah Bohnenkamp on Twitter
- Sarah Bohnenkamp on Instagram
Connect, Share & ADVANCE Your Career in Agriculture
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of AgGrad Live – the podcast helping aspiring, new, and veteran professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, visit our website, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Don’t forget to share each episode on your favorite social media platforms to help other professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry!
If you want to learn more about agricultural careers, upcoming Facebook Live, and other opportunities related to agriculture, create a profile at Jobs.AgGrad.comtoday.
Do you work in Agriculture?
Find your place in modern agriculture, and benefit from additional career insights. Subscribe below!