09 Jan 10 Reasons You Should Follow AgGrad on Snapchat
What if you could take a glimpse into the daily lives of people who work in agriculture around the world?
That is the AgGrad Snapchat.
Every week, people around the world who work in ag or agribusiness take over the account to show us a day in their life.
If you’re not familiar with Snapchat, these agriculturalists will capture their day with videos, pictures, and drawings. Here is a great example:
The AgGrad Snapchat is like a mix of a job shadow, a career fair, the show “Dirty Jobs”, and a fun conversation with a friend. It’s really a great time!
If you’re still not convinced, here are ten reasons you really should follow AgGrad on Snapchat:
- To Get A Job or Internship. Often taking over the account we have employers who are hiring or employees who work for companies that are hiring. If the job looks cool, send them a snap and ask if they’re hiring!
- Get an inside look into other agricultural careers. It’s one thing to read a blog or hear a speech about agricultural careers, but Snapchat allows you to actually experience “a day in the life”. From the time the person leaves the house to when they get home, you get go behind the scenes of their career.
- To Learn more about the agricultural industry. Trivia and fun facts are a regular part of these takeovers. We have already seen fascinating takeovers that touch on facts related to blueberry production, cattle feedlots, irrigation, teaching, hog production, export, Brazilian farming, and much much more!
- To build your agricultural network. One of the best parts of Snapchat is that it’s INTERACTIVE. If you think the person who is taking over seems interesting – you can send them a snap and interact with them in real time. You might make a lifelong friend!
- To gather ideas for your own career or business. If you travel much you know that everybody does things a little bit differently. Snapchat allows us to peek into the methods that others use on the job. Even if they do the same thing as you, chances are you could learn a thing or two!
- For entertainment. These takeovers are genuinely fun to watch. The beauty of the AgGrad channel is that the takeovers are changing constantly, so it’s non-stop entertainment!
- To find employees. If you hire interns or other employees, you’ll get to see some fantastic young talent showing off their abilities on our channel!
- Expand your worldview. One of the reasons that AgGrad produces this content is that we don’t have the budget to fly around ourselves to showcase all of these wondeful people. So, we found a way to “travel” to farms, ranches, and agribusinesses all around the world on our budget, and you can too! Any time you take time to understand someone else’s perspective and experience someone else’s life, you expand your worldview. Only now you can do it without ever leaving home!
- Ask questions directly to professionals. You might turn on your phone one day to an AgGrad takeover from a Veterinarian, Agribusiness executive, Recruiter, Social Media Expert, Cattle Rancher, or Lobbyist. You can snap them your questions about their work and get instant answers!
- To Share YOUR story! Maybe you’re a future AgGrad takeover storyteller. Start following us to find out what it will take to share your story!
New to Snapchat?
If you don’t have a snapchat account, it’s a free download and very easy to start an account. Snapchat will even give you a mini tutorial of how to start following people and snapping.
It will probably be weird at first, but give it time!
The app opens up directly to the camera feature. At the top of your screen in the center, you will see the Snapchat logo in white. Press that logo, then press “add friends”. You can either add us by username: AgGrad or by screenshotting or taking a picture of our snapcode (the picture at the top of this post).
So, what are you waiting for? Join the fun and send us a snap when you arrive!