08 Nov A New Ag Lending Model with Bill York of FarmOp Capital – Future of Agriculture
Bill York is the Founding Partner, CEO, and Chief Credit Officer at FarmOp Capital, a lending company that provides funding primarily to farm operators. Their independent business model allows farmers to decide which suppliers to buy from. Bill has over 40 years of experience in the ag lending space and has held senior positions in various major ag lending companies. He specializes in business development, particularly increasing profits and assets of the businesses he works with.
Bill York joins me to describe what FarmOp Capital is and its efforts to provide farmers with a helping hand in receiving capital loans. He explains the trends that make their company ripe for the ag industry and the benefits of doing business with them from a farmer’s perspective. He also shares the criteria and requirements they have for their customers and explains what sets their company apart from traditional lending companies.
“If you’re able to get a loan that is timely and adequate to meet all of your operating needs, you’re better able to purchase inputs efficiently to buy the optimum level of inputs and actually reduce your costs.” – Bill York
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- Converging trends that make the industry perfect for FarmOp Capital.
- How FarmOp works and the services they offer.
- How soon farmers should seek a loan to benefit the most from them.
- The customers they are targeting for the loan services they offer.
- The kind of crop materials they help farmers finance.
- Working directly with the customer and the team they assembled for the job.
- Transitioning from big agricultural lending companies to working with a startup.
- Why it will be difficult to have competition in what they do.
- The difference between the typical loan application and what they offer.
- Assessing the current farm-risk situation and his outlook.
Connect with Bill York:
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Join the Conversation!
To get your most pressing ag questions answered and share your perspective on various topics we’ve discussed on the Future of Agriculture podcast, head over to SpeakPipe.com/FutureofAg and leave a recorded message!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: