23 Feb When an Ag Recruiter Calls – AgGrad Live Podcast 004
When a recruiter from an agriculture company calls, how do you handle the conversation? What do you do when a recruiter calls during your normal working hours while working at another company? How do you handle the uncomfortable, often awkward feelings you may be having while speaking with a recruiter about a potential job opportunity?
Today, I’m discussing the best ways to handle a recruitment conversation when an ag recruiter calls unexpectedly. I’ll share tips on how to handle the call if you’re already employed as well as things you should never do while working with a recruiter.
“It is in your best interest to develop a relationship with an outside recruiter.” – Tim Hammerich
Today on AgGrad Live:
- The importance of following up on recruitment calls after working hours.
- The two types of recruiters.
- Why hiring candidates should develop relationships with recruiters.
- Can recruiters help you advance your career?
Tips for Working with Recruiters:
- Pick a time to speak with a recruiter in your personal time.
- Decide how you want to develop your relationship with the recruiter.
- Develop trust between yourself and the recruiter.
- Never pay a recruiter.
- Never lie to a recruiter.
Connect, Share & ADVANCE Your Career in Agriculture
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of AgGrad Live – the podcast helping aspiring, new, and veteran professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, visit our website, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Don’t forget to share each episode on your favorite social media platforms to help other professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry!