25 Jun Beef Industry Communications with Jayce Winters of Cattle Empire – AgGrad Live 022
Jayce Winters is the Public Relations Manager at Cattle Empire, the 5th largest cattle feeder in the country. The company specializes in the feeding and caring of lightweight cattle and is proud to raise calves that produce family-fed beef quality. A Jack-of-all-trades, Jayce’s diverse set of skills include event planning, creating social media content, public speaking, customer service, and editing.
Jayce joins me today to share what’s it like to work in one of the largest cattle companies in the country. She shares what Cattle Empire is all about, what sets them apart, and some facts with regards to the cattle industry. She explains how their company responds to controversial issues, how they reach out to customers, and how they promote their company through quality content. She also provides advice to those interested in working in the cattle industry.
“If you’re looking at any career in the beef industry, getting feedyard experience will set you apart.” Jayce Winters
Today on AgGrad Live:
- How many heads of cattle do they have at any given time?
- Her role in Cattle Empire and her functions.
- How she got into the cattle industry.
- What it’s like to work in a feedlot environment.
- How her degree in Agricultural Media and Communications helped her in her career.
- How their company helps close the gap between the consumer and the ag industry.
- Her thoughts on the impact of the cattle industry on global warming.
- The best ways to promote content.
- How she reaches out to those who don’t know anything about the ag industry.
- The people she follows in the ag industry.
Jayce Winters’ Advice for AgGrads:
- It’s important to have an element of time spent on learning new things.
- Even if you’re still in college, go out there and find people who share interest with you and create an environment where you work together and help each other out.
Connect with Jayce Winters:
Connect, Share & ADVANCE Your Career in Agriculture
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of AgGrad Live – the podcast helping aspiring, new, and veteran professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, visit our website, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Don’t forget to share each episode on your favorite social media platforms to help other professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry!
If you want to learn more about agricultural careers, upcoming Facebook Live, and other opportunities related to agriculture, create a profile at Jobs.AgGrad.com today.