21 Mar Building Local Fermentation Hubs for Microbial Ag Solutions with Dr. Paul Zorner of Locus Ag – Future of Agriculture
Dr. Paul Zorner is the CEO of Locus Agricultural Solutions, an agricultural company that develops microbial “probiotics.” These microbial probiotics aim to become the alternative to conventional farm pesticides, effectively reducing chemical interaction with our crops as well as preserving soil health. Dr. Paul’s responsibilities as CEO include overseeing the company’s strategies, operations, and product development. He has over 40 years of experience in science and R&D operations from multiple international companies.
Dr. Paul joins us today to discuss the potential benefits of microbes for soil health and farm yield. He shares the science behind using microbes for soil and their untapped potential for the agriculture industry as a whole. He describes some of the microbes’ functions, how they are to be applied on crops, and how they can reduce pesticide usage. He also explains how these microbes can help reduce carbon gases in the atmosphere.
“We know more about the surface of the moon than we do about soil microbe ecology.” – Dr. Paul Zorner
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- Why he thinks microbes will revolutionize the agricultural industry.
- The microbes they’ve developed and their purpose in farming.
- How he proposes their microbes will work on various crops.
- How their company produces and mixes microbe “cocktails.”
- Their marketing methods and how they do business with farmers.
- Carbon sequestration, the atmosphere, and soil sustainability.
- Real world examples of microbe usage in farms and their potential yields.
- Why microbes can reduce the use of chemical pesticides.
Connect with Dr. Paul Zorner
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: