28 May Corn Seed Production with Hannah Neuenschwander – AgGrad Live 018
Hannah Neuenschwander is a Pre-Commercial Corn Production Manager with Monsanto, a company dedicated to increasing, purifying, and storing inbred corn lines for future use within the company’s pipeline. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Animal Science from Texas A&M and is responsible for improving processes, warehouse and inventory management, and the distribution of corn seed to internal and external customers.
Hannah joins me today to discuss what it’s like to hold a production manager position at Monsanto, how her career in the corn seed production industry got started, and why she pivoted her professional focus from working with animals to advancing her career in seed production. She shares what she enjoys most about working with the company as well as the most challenging aspects of her role as a production manager. She also explains how the corn seed production process works, the soft skills you need to advance your career in the industry, as well as how highlighting your leadership and collaboration skills can impact your ability to advance your career.
“Don’t be so focused on one role that you let other opportunities pass you by.” – Hannah Neuenschwander
Today on AgGrad Live:
- The responsibilities of pre-commercial seed production managers.
- The soft skills required to advance your career into a leadership role.
- Potential career advancement opportunities at Monsanto.
- What it’s like working for the company.
- What she enjoys the most about working with Monsanto.
- The seed production process.
- The most challenging aspects of being a seed production manager.
- How long it takes to process inbred corn seed.
Hannah Neuenschwander’s Advice for AgGrads:
- Attend job fairs and participate in internships.
- Include your past experiences on your resume.
- Provide real-life examples of things you’ve done or accomplished during an interview.
- Showcase your leadership and collaboration skills.
- Keep an open mind.
Connect with Hannah Neuenschwander:
Connect, Share & ADVANCE Your Career in Agriculture
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of AgGrad Live – the podcast helping aspiring, new, and veteran professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, visit our website, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Don’t forget to share each episode on your favorite social media platforms to help other professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry!
If you want to learn more about agricultural careers, upcoming Facebook Live, and other opportunities related to agriculture, create a profile at Jobs.AgGrad.comtoday.