01 Apr Data Solutions for Water Scarcity – Future of Agriculture
Chris Peacock is the CEO and Founder of AQUAOSO, a company that aims to build a water-resilient future through software and technologies that identify, analyze, and monitor water risk in the economy. Chris is a three-time water tech entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience in the water industry. He works with agricultural lenders and helps reduce their financial risk by providing analytics and insights on water risk management.
Chris joins me today to share AQUAOSO’s main goal and how it can help interpret water data that can benefit both banks and farmers. He discusses the importance of knowing where farm water is sourced and how much water they use. He explains why there is an imperative need to address water needs from both an economic and humanitarian perspective. Chris also describes what happens if AQUAOSO becomes a successful company in the future.
“The reality is, extreme water events, degrading water quality, these are all happening. We need to find ways to manage around them. We can’t really ignore them anymore.” – Chris Peacock
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- My thoughts on the current effects of the coronavirus.
- What AQUAOSO is and what it aims to do to help farmers.
- The importance of knowing water data and how it impacts bank loans.
- How AQUAOSO’s tech can help provide accurate water data.
- The different water problems and issues each state faces.
- How Chris defines water scarcity and how it impacts economics.
- The economics of water and how you price it.
- AQUAOSO’s plans for the business and what to expect in the future.
- The water risks we’re facing now and what we should do.
Connect with Christopher Peacock
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on Apple Podcasts and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots! And be sure to join the new Future of Agriculture Membership for even more valuable information on the future of ag.
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: