26 Mar Feed Sales with Tyler Cockerham – AgGrad Live Podcast 010
Tyler Cockerham is a Feed Sales and Technical Representative at Cargill Animal Nutrition, a company dedicated to helping farmers grow more and connect with broader markets. Cargill specializes in food, agriculture, nutrition, and risk management for professionals within the agriculture industry. As a sales representative, Tyler is responsible for reaching out to and helping farmers throughout parts of Virginia, West Virginia, and western Maryland.
Tyler joins me today to share his experience as a feed sales and technical representative in the agriculture industry. He explains the importance of being willing to adapt to changes in your career, being willing to move or travel to advance your career, and how your past experiences and education in the agriculture industry plays a role in becoming a successful feed sales representative. He also explains the career trajectory of a feed sales representative, how to sell feed products through authenticity, and the importance of building relationships throughout your agricultural career.
“So much of what we do in agriculture is relationship based.” Tyler Cockerham
Today on AgGrad Live:
- How he got started in the feed sales industry.
- How being open to new opportunities across the country can impact your career.
- What he enjoys the most about working in feed sales.
- The importance of being willing to adapt to changes as a feed sales representative.
- How your past experiences and education plays a role in your success as a feed sales representative.
- The most challenging aspect about working in feed sales.
- Overcoming the fear of cold calling prospective customers.
- The career trajectory of a feed sales representative.
- Time management strategies for a traveling feed sales representative.
- Overcoming challenges with balancing work-life and home-life.
- The importance of setting boundaries.
- Personal development opportunities after college.
- Being authentic as a feed sales representative.
- The importance of building relationships.
- How an education in agri-business can be beneficial as a feed sales representative.
Connect with Tyler Cockerham:
- Phone: (540) 336-1980
- Email: Tyler_Cockerham@Cargill.com
Connect, Share & ADVANCE Your Career in Agriculture
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of AgGrad Live – the podcast helping aspiring, new, and veteran professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, visit our website, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Don’t forget to share each episode on your favorite social media platforms to help other professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry!