16 Jan FinTech Meets AgTech to Invest in Farmland – Future of Agriculture
David Chan is the COO and Founding Team Member at Farm Together, a company that offers a simplified approach to US farmland investment. The company not only serves Americans, but also welcomes foreign investors who are interested in growing their assets or simply having a continuous source of income in their retirement. David has over five years of Fin-Tech experience in the ag industry. He describes himself as a meteorologist by background, but a financier and technologist by training. David earned his MBA at Harvard Business School and is also part of the Board of Directors at the Harvard Alumni for Agriculture.
David joins me today to share how their company, Farm Together, will make it easier for local and foreign investors to invest in US farmlands. He explains how their platform works, when their investors get paid, and the due diligence they conduct prior to putting a property for sale. He discusses several risks involved in investing in different states. David also describes how they plan to put regenerative agriculture in the limelight.
“You must consider what the environment may look like in the future when you are purchasing these properties today.” – David Chan
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- Connecting insurance, farmlands, and current trends in institutional investments.
- The characteristics of the typical user and investor on their platform.
- How foreign investors can own farm lands in different locations.
- How their due diligence process works.
- Knowing the risks of investing in farmlands and how they calculate for them.
- Why water is always a risk in any irrigated agriculture.
- How they inform investors of earnings and how investors make money.
- The feedback they receive from their clients.
- The SIGMA legislation in California and what it is about.
- The steps they have taken to make regenerative agriculture mainstream.
Connect with David Chan
- Farm Together
- Email: email@example.com
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Join the Conversation!
To get your most pressing ag questions answered and share your perspective on various topics we’ve discussed on the Future of Agriculture podcast, head over to SpeakPipe.com/FutureofAg and leave a recorded message!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: