12 Jul Future of Agriculture 061: 5 Takeaways From the First 60 Episodes
While having guests and learning from people with different perspectives are the typical setup of this show, stopping to reflect on the things that have been discussed and talked about is an excellent way of seeing the learning, growth, and future direction of the program. With this said, today, I’m going to deviate from my normal program flow to look back and see where the journey has taken us.
Today, I’m going to talk about the five big takeaways I have learned from the first 60 episodes of the Future of Agriculture podcast. I also explain how these five big things determine the direction and content of the program.
Agriculture should be looked at from as many different lenses as possible. That’s where we’re going to get the ideas.
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- Agricultural technology and agricultural entrepreneurship
- What agricultural education is about and why it is important
- Solving serious problems like environmental impact, sustainability, social issues, hunger, and food waste
- The generational aspect to each agriculture story
- Agriculture and empathy
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Episode 49: Building a Brand from Scratch in Agriculture with Marji Guyler-Alaniz of Farmher
- Episode 46: Growing Cannabis and Other Fun Agronomy Topics with Dr. Curtis Livesay of Dynamite Ag
- Episode 39: Farmland Ownership and Cash Rent with Dave Meyers of Bird Dog
- Bird Dog Website
- Episode 19: Dr. Pamela Marrone, CEO and Founder of Marrone Bio Innovations (MBI)
- Episode 51: The Power of A Plant with Stephen Ritz of Green Bronx Machine
- Episode 58: The Best STEM Delivery Tool with Dr Daniel Foster
- Episode 59: Why You Should Teach Agriculture – Part Two with Dr. Daniel Foster
- Episode 44: Grassfed Beef Through Adaptive Multi-Paddock Grazing with Russ Conser of Standard Soil
- Episode 53: Millennials Solving World Problems Through Agricultural Technology with MiKayla Sullivan of Kinosol
- Wasted Food Website
- Episode 40: From Land to Landfill – Food Waste with Jonathan Bloom of Wasted Food
- Episode 34: Utilizing Food Waste for Urban Agriculture with Tinia Pina of Re-Nuble
- Episode 26: Vertical Farming with Dr. Nate Storey of Bright Agrotech
- Upstart Farmers University
- Episode 56: Old Farm with New Ideas with Coley Jones Drinkwater of Richland Farms Dairy
- Episode 2: Organic Feed Production with Cameron Molberg of Coyote Creek Feed Mill
- Episode 22: Eating Bugs with Robert Nathan Allen of Little Herds
- Episode 31: The Temple Grandin Interview
- Episode 57: Diversity and Inclusion in Agriculture with Marcus Hollan of the Cultivating Change Foundation
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: