30 Aug Future of Agriculture 068: Farmers Investing in AgTech with Spencer Stensrude of Ag Ventures Alliance and Matthew Rooda of SwineTech
Spencer Stensrude is a business analyst for Ag Ventures Alliance, a cooperative that invests in startups aimed to support and innovate the agricultural industry. The company itself was formed by farmers in Iowa in the late 90s. One of their latest investments is a company called SwineTech and is headed by Matthew Rooda. As the name implies, SwineTech is a company focused on innovating the swine industry, and right now its focus is on preventing sows from crushing their piglets.
On today’s episode, Spencer and Matthew talk about how they met, what their companies are all about, and how they started working together. They also share their prediction for the agricultural industry in the future and one of the biggest issues in the pork industry and how it’s affecting the economy.
“We are happy the company making money and sending us a check vs having to sell the company to someone else to pay back the investors.” – Spencer Stensrude
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- What is SwineTech all about?
- How did they discovered the piglet problem and how they developed a solution?
- The success rate of their new technology.
- The process from getting the startup ready to actually getting an investment.
- Matthew’s long term vision for SwineTech.
- Why Ag Ventures invested in SwineTech?
- The price point of SwineTech’s product for producers.
- The timelines and process involved in investing in SwineTech.
- The focus of Ag Ventures for future investments.
- The first objection Matthew usually gets from producers when selling his product.
- What excites Spencer about the industry and his prediction for the future of agricultural technology.
Check Out Spencer Stensrude Across the Net:
Check Out Matthew Rooda Across the Net:
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting:
Like the podcast? Subscribe!
Get curated insights about the people, companies, and perspectives shaping the future of agriculture!