06 Mar International Ag Development with Kelsey Knight of AgriCorps – AgGrad Live 007
Kelsey Knight is the director of recruitment for AgriCorps, and a fellow of the organization. As a recruiter for AgriCorps, she delivers the message of sustainable farming projects to help people in Ghana. She graduated with a degree in agriculture and development from the University of Kentucky, where she grew up on a sheep farm. Her love for farming led her to pursue a career in international extension work with AgriCorps in Ghana.
She joins me today to share her experience while in Ghana as a fellow, the requirements, and the mindset for a positive fellowship in a foreign country. She also explains how developing listening skills can help you understand the needs of local farmers.
“Working as a fellow for AgriCorps opened my vision for international outreach.”- Kelsey Knight
Today on AgGrad Live:
- How training as a teacher helped her develop skills to instruct others in her organization
- Personal skills you need to assimilate into another culture and community
- What are the requirements to start a fellowship program with AgriCorps
- How does sacrificing a chicken help a visitor in a Ghana community feel comfortable
Kelsey’s Suggestions to Potential AgriCorps Fellows:
- Foster a mindset of creating a difference in your local community
- Become an innovator of solutions to unforeseen problems
Connect with Kelsey Knight:
Connect, Share & ADVANCE Your Career in Agriculture
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of AgGrad Live – the podcast helping aspiring, new, and veteran professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, visit our website, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Don’t forget to share each episode on your favorite social media platforms to help other professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry!
Do you work in Agriculture?
Find your place in modern agriculture, and benefit from additional career insights. Subscribe below!