12 Feb Investing in AgTech Startups – Future of Agriculture
Micki Seibel is an investor, advisor, and tech builder who was part of the team beahind internet products such as Netscape and eBay. She is currently an Operating Partner for Radicle Growth, an acceleration fund that partners with entrepreneurs who have ideas that can innovate the future of food. She has over 20 years of experience in building companies and has made much of it at Silicon Valley. Micki also serves on the advisory board of multiple food system startup companies such as Swarm Technologies.
Micki joins me today to share how Radicle Growth is helping startups in the AgTech industry. She discusses the goals of Radicle Growth, their criteria when selecting companies to fund, and the ideas that they want to promote. She describes her career in Silicon Valley and how it led her to be part of the food industry. Micki also explains the effects of climate change on the ag economy and ag innovations.
“Selling to a corn grower in Iowa is not at all the same as selling to a strawberry farmer in California or Chile.” – Micki Seibel
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- Solving the problem of rural connectivity in AgTech.
- Where her interest in food and agriculture stems from.
- The different companies she has worked for previously.
- The technical experience she gathered before becoming part of the AgTech industry.
- How she developed an interest in the connectivity problem in agriculture.
- Her thoughts on AgTech and IoT companies and what they should focus on.
- The people behind Radical Growth and the aim of the company.
- What it takes to sell the same product to a variety of ag markets.
- The difference between AgTech and a typical tech investing business.
- Will the ag industry favor indoor farms or regenerative agriculture?
- The effects of climate change on agriculture innovations.
- SWARM TECHNOLOGIES
- Episode 87: BLOCKCHAIN AND THE INTERNET OF FOOD WITH RAJA RAMACHANDRAN OF RIPE.IO
Connect with Micki Seibel
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Join the Conversation!
To get your most pressing ag questions answered and share your perspective on various topics we’ve discussed on the Future of Agriculture podcast, head over to SpeakPipe.com/FutureofAg and leave a recorded message!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: