04 Sep Investing in Farmland with Carter Malloy of AcreTrader – Future of Agriculture
Carter Malloy is the Founder and CEO of AcreTrader, an online platform that seeks to provide a bridge that connects investors and farm sellers. Before starting his company, Carter was a successful Managing Director at Stephens Inc., a large private investment bank. His passion for conservation and agriculture was drawn from his experience growing up in an Arkansas farming family. This passion eventually led to founding AcreTrader.
Carter joins me to share what AcreTrader can do for farm owners and people seeking a long-term investment. He explains how the platform works, what a typical transaction would look like, and some of the fees involved. Carter discusses the total amount of investments in farmland and why it’s still insignificant from the perspective of the entire ag industry. He also describes some of the reasons why farm sellers should use their platform over traditional methods.
“There’s a lot of ways we can work with people who want to sell farmland. For us, it’s exciting to bring new solutions to the market.” – Carter Malloy
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- Why he left a successful career in investments to start AcreTrader.
- The amount of private equity money invested in farmland.
- The requirements needed to bring the right deals out to the public.
- Motivations for sellers to use AcreTrader as a platform.
- How their platform works to provide information in a digestible format.
- The deal flow and access to market barriers and how they break them.
- How he describes the ideal seller on AcreTrader.
- What they do when a partner exits the platform and their contract.
Connect with Carter Malloy:
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Join the Conversation!
To get your most pressing ag questions answered and share your perspective on various topics we’ve discussed on the Future of Agriculture podcast, head over to SpeakPipe.com/FutureofAgand leave a recorded message!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: