04 Jun Marketing in the Feed Industry with Meg Bennett – AgGrad Live 019
Meg Bennett is the Marketing Coordinator at Cargill Premix and Nutrition and has a bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Communications and Journalism from Ohio State University. Her responsibilities as the marketing coordinator consist of overseeing the coordination, production, and evaluation of the Provimi product brand. Additionally, as part of her role, she acts as the content manager and marketing developer where she is responsible for creating, editing, and revising sales and marketing support materials as well as internal and external communications.
Meg joins me on today’s episode to share the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities associated with working in the marketing field within the feed industry. She shares her experiences as a marketing coordinator, what her first day on the job was like, and the challenges associated with her role. She also explains the similarities and differences between working in sales and marketing, how these teams work together and support each other, and her advice for agriculture students considering a career in ag marketing.
“There is a benefit to going somewhere that you have never been before.” – Meg Bennett
Today on AgGrad Live:
- The day-to-day tasks and projects associated with a marketing career in the feed industry.
- What inspired her to focus on the agriculture industry?
- Similarities and differences between working in sales working in marketing.
- How her role helps her continue to advocate for the agriculture industry.
- Her first-day experience as a marketing coordinator.
- Experiences that have solidified why she wants to continue working in ag marketing.
- The most challenging aspects of working as a marketing coordinator.
Meg Bennett’s Advice for AgGrads:
- The thing you are most afraid of – you have to do it.
- Be open to new opportunities, new experiences, and new locations.
Connect with Meg Bennett:
Connect, Share & ADVANCE Your Career in Agriculture
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of AgGrad Live – the podcast helping aspiring, new, and veteran professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, visit our website, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Don’t forget to share each episode on your favorite social media platforms to help other professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry!
If you want to learn more about agricultural careers, upcoming Facebook Live, and other opportunities related to agriculture, create a profile at Jobs.AgGrad.comtoday.