13 Mar Maybe Disruption Isn’t the Answer for Ag with Matt Zieger of Village Capital – Future of Agriculture
Maybe Disruption Isn’t the Answer for Ag?
Matt Zieger is the Vice President of Village Capital, a company that seeks startups offering innovative solutions and disruptive ideas that promote sustainability. As Vice President, he is responsible for developing strategic partnerships with individual investors, private organizations, and government projects. He specializes in cross-sector collaboration which allows him to weave multiple business entities into focusing on sustainability and economic growth.
Matt joins me today to discuss the idea of disruptive startups and why being disruptive may not be what the ag industry currently needs. He shares what Village Capital is all about, how they determine which companies they will invest in, and their business processes. He also shares the problems their company believes ag startups should focus on and describes when a company should scale and when it should just stay its course.
“The farm economy is the backbone of the American economy.” – Matt Zieger
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- What Village Capital is and the companies they invest in.
- The problems in the food system Village Capital aims to solve.
- Why displacing the ag industry is not always the solution.
- How they choose companies to invest in within the ag industry.
- What business models should be to benefit both investors and consumers.
- Why the “move fast and break things” business strategy is not applicable in ag.
- Determining whether it’s time to grow and scale or to keep the cycle.
- What excites him the most about the future of the ag industry?
Connect with Matt Zieger
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
The Future of Agriculture Podcast is now part of the Farm and Rural Ag Network. Listen to more ag-related podcasts by subscribing on iTunes or on the Farm and Rural Ag Network Website today.
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting:
AgGrad on Twitter
AgGrad on Facebook
AgGrad on LinkedIn
AgGrad on Instagram