26 Feb Why You Might Consider an UNPAID Ag Internship – AgGrad Live Podcast 006
Unpaid internships can be a great way to get your foot in the door of a difficult industry, but they are not always the right decision for every career path. There are many pros and cons you should consider before deciding to apply or accept an internship with a company or organization.
On today’s episode, I’m sharing some of the advantages and disadvantages of unpaid internships. I’ll also share some of the things you should consider before applying for an unpaid internship and the potential benefits you could receive from accepting an unpaid internship in the agriculture industry.
“Think about your career path when you consider unpaid internships.” Tim Hammerich
Today on AgGrad Live:
- The skill sets and experience you can receive as an unpaid intern
- How unpaid internships can help you build relationships in the agriculture industry
- How to decide whether an unpaid internship is the right decision for your career
- Learning whether this career path is a field that motivates you to do it full-time
3 Unpaid Internship Considerations:
- What skills will you learn at the end of the internship?
- What relationships will you foster between co-workers to benefit your career path?
- Are you financially stable to take on an unpaid position?
Connect, Share & ADVANCE Your Career in Agriculture
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of AgGrad Live – the podcast helping aspiring, new, and veteran professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, visit our website, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Don’t forget to share each episode on your favorite social media platforms to help other professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry!
Do you work in Agriculture?
Find your place in modern agriculture, and benefit from additional career insights. Subscribe below!