09 Jan Peace Through Agriculture – Future of Agriculture
Kenneth Quinn is the former President of the World Food Prize Foundation, an organization that seeks to give individuals recognition for achievements that directly improve the quality, quantity, and availability of food in the world. Kenneth is often referred to as “the Ambassador” because he was the US Ambassador to the Kingdom of Cambodia. During his time as President, he received various high-level honors and awards from different organizations, including The American Farm Bureau and The Crop Science Society of America.
Kenneth joins me today to describe what the World Food Prize Foundation stands for, how it got started, and what makes it similar and different to the Nobel Peace Prize. He shares his journey, his time as Ambassador, and how he began to follow in the footsteps of Norman Borlaug. He explains the current state of agriculture across various countries and the agricultural hindrances that America needs to fix. Kenneth also discusses what he wants his legacy to be and the dangers that Americans face in regards to agricultural research.
“That’s what I look for in the world: building peace through agriculture.” – Kenneth Quinn
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- Kenneth’s life before agriculture and how he started to work in the industry.
- The countries he’s worked with and the projects he has spearheaded.
- The laureates who stood out to him over the years and their accomplishments.
- Their international reach and the different nationalities in their group.
- Notable agricultural milestones that ushered in an era of peace in American history.
- His thoughts on China’s road and rural infrastructure over the last few decades.
- How roads are connected to hunger and suffering.
- The history of the World Food Prize Foundation.
- Addressing the challenge of feeding 10-billion people on the planet.
- What he wants his legacy to be for the organization and the world.
- The danger America faces when it comes to agricultural research.
Connect with Kenneth Quinn
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Join the Conversation!
To get your most pressing ag questions answered and share your perspective on various topics we’ve discussed on the Future of Agriculture podcast, head over to SpeakPipe.com/FutureofAg and leave a recorded message!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting:
Like the podcast? Subscribe!
Get curated insights about the people, companies, and perspectives shaping the future of agriculture!