18 Dec Plant-Based and Cellular Agriculture Alternatives with Bruce Friedrich of GFI – Future of Agriculture
Bruce Friedrich is Co-Founder and Executive Director at The Good Food Institute (GFI), a company that promotes plant-based and cultivated meat food products by making them just as good, just as convenient, and just as affordable as real meat. Their company has several branches in over six countries, all working towards the goal of making the alternative meat industry more attractive to consumers. Bruce oversees the business’ global strategy and programs. He also works with its directors, staff, and international representatives to guarantee the effectiveness of their programs.
Bruce joins me today to discuss how GFI is making plant-based and cultivated meat products more consumer-friendly and just as competitive as traditional meat. He shares where he drew inspiration to innovate food, how the idea of starting GFI began and the company’s current progress. Bruce also explains why they’re not here to disrupt the meat industry and shares his thoughts on animal agriculture.
“Animal-based meat is made up of fats, proteins, minerals, and water. All of that exists in the plant kingdom.” – Bruce Friedrich
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- How Bruce became passionate about improving the world through food innovation.
- Replacing meat with foods that cost the same or less with their product.
- Appealing to palatability and cost over environmental impact.
- What if plant-based meats and traditional meat product consumption rose together?
- The time needed for consumers to adapt to cultivated meat.
- How far along they are with regards to scaling their cultivated and plant-based meat products.
- His thoughts on animal agriculture and their business focus as a company.
- The difference between disrupting and transforming the meat industry.
- The big milestones he is excited about in the near future.
Connect with Bruce Friedrich
This episode is sponsored by Indigo Ag
What if surviving a drought began with just a microbe? What could accessing 10,000 buyers do for your agriculture business? Indigo Ag helps farmers improve profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health by working with growers to reimagine every aspect of the agriculture industry – from soil to sale.
To learn more about Indigo Ag and their mission to improve the environment and agriculture industry, visit IndigoAg.com/Questions
Indigo. From questions… we grow.
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Join the Conversation!
To get your most pressing ag questions answered and share your perspective on various topics we’ve discussed on the Future of Agriculture podcast, head over to SpeakPipe.com/FutureofAg and leave a recorded message!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: