21 May Seed Sales with Tim Braun – AgGrad Live 017
Tim Braun is a District Sales Representative with Rob-See-Co, a small seed company based in Omaha, Nebraska that is responsible for distributing seed products from various suppliers, including Syngenta. After graduating with a degree in Agriculture Education, he worked with BASF for over seven years before starting his career as a sales representative with Rob-See-Co. Currently, he is responsible for promoting the company’s brand, recruiting new dealers, and engaging in on-farm seed sales.
Tim joins me today to share how he got started in the seed sales industry and the day-to-day activities of a seed sales representative. He explains how he incorporates education and consultancy aspects into his sales strategy and the impact that building relationships with farmers, dealers, and suppliers can have on your career as a seed sales representative. He also shares the challenges associated with building a business in a new environment, the most rewarding aspects of working in the seed sales industry, and the personal traits you need to become a successful seed sales representative.
“Relationships are the biggest thing that drive our industry.” – Tim Braun
Today on AgGrad Live:
- Selling to seed dealers versus farmers.
- How his career in the seed sales industry started.
- How he incorporates education and consultancy into his sales strategy.
- Examples of the day-to-day activities of a district seed sales representative.
- Benefits of working from a home office.
- Challenges associated with building a business in a new area.
- The importance of building relationships and being visible throughout your community.
- The most rewarding aspects of working in seed sales.
- Sales roles available at Rob-See-Co.
- How his career with BASF impacted his career with Rob-See-Co.
- How traveling impacted the success of his career.
Tim Brauns Advice for AgGrads:
- Network, network, network.
- Treat your customers as you would like to be treated. Be fair with
Connect with Tim Braun:
Connect, Share & ADVANCE Your Career in Agriculture
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of AgGrad Live – the podcast helping aspiring, new, and veteran professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, visit our website, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Don’t forget to share each episode on your favorite social media platforms to help other professionals advance their careers in the agriculture industry!
If you want to learn more about agricultural careers, upcoming Facebook Live, and other opportunities related to agriculture, create a profile at Jobs.AgGrad.comtoday.