23 Oct Precision Ag Decision Support with Anastasia Volkova of FluroSat – Future of Agriculture
Anastasia Volkova is the CEO and Founder of FluroSat, a company that provides scientifically-proven solutions to common agricultural problems through advanced remote sensing technologies and data from both airborne and satellite platforms. She is also an aeronautical engineer and obtained her Ph.D. in Aerospace, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering from the University of Sydney. Anastasia uses her vast academic knowledge as well as experience in project management in various organizations to make FluroSat the next big thing in AgTech.
Anastasia joins me today to discuss how FluroSat works to provide artificial intelligence (AI) for Precision Agriculture Decision Support. She shares why she decided to work in agriculture and what drove her to start FluroSat. She explains how their approach can help farmers and agronomists improve their data collection process and gather more accurate data from their farms. She also explains the limitations of their product and why they decided to expand their service to the US instead of focusing exclusively on Australian agricultural markets.
“The barriers to adoption of precision agriculture are, first and foremost, the fact that data is siloed.” – Anastasia Volkova
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- When she decided to stop being an aeronautical engineer and focus on agriculture.
- Barriers that are preventing farmers from making AI part of precision agriculture.
- How FluroSat’s approach can help agronomists and farmers gather data for their farms.
- How their product works and the important data it provides to farmers.
- Success stories where their product improved a farmer’s business.
- Where her experience in aeronautical engineering comes into play.
- The limitations of their product in the context of crop types.
- The reasons they decided to expand in the US instead of focusing on Australia.
- How FluroSat makes money and makes their investors happy.
Connect with Anastasia Volkova:
This episode is sponsored by Indigo Ag
What if surviving a drought began with just a microbe? What could accessing 10,000 buyers do for your agriculture business? Indigo Ag helps farmers improve profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health by working with growers to reimagine every aspect of the agriculture industry – from soil to sale.
To learn more about Indigo Ag and their mission to improve the environment and agriculture industry, visit IndigoAg.com/Questions
Indigo. From questions… we grow.
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Join the Conversation!
To get your most pressing ag questions answered and share your perspective on various topics we’ve discussed on the Future of Agriculture podcast, head over to SpeakPipe.com/FutureofAg and leave a recorded message!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: