31 Jan The World’s First Open Source Winery – Future of Agriculture
Mike Barrow is the Project Lead at OpenVino, a company that aims to create the first-ever open-source, transparent winery, and wine-based cryptocurrency under the Costaflores label. Costaflores is a boutique organic winery based in Argentina. As suggested, OpenVino will rely on blockchain technology to engage in a new and innovative way of selling wine products. With over 30 years of experience in IT, data science, and cloud services, Mike aims to disrupt the wine world with a business that converts consumers into shareholders.
Mike joins me today to share how OpenVino will innovate the way we consume wine through blockchain tech. He shares his passion for wine, what inspired him to start OpenVino, and why he chose to make the company open-source. He explains their data collecting strategies and how consumers can benefit from buying their cryptocurrency. Mike also describes how wine is priced and why quality is second to story.
“The quality of the wine is not dictated by the quality parameter as much as the story behind it.” – Mike Barrow
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- How an open-source winery works and how you can profit from it.
- Why it’s difficult to sell wine regardless of price.
- The questions that led him to start an open-source winery.
- The data he needs to collect and how he makes sure his customers understand it.
- How blockchain fits into their business strategy.
- A quick recap of what blockchain is and how it works.
- Determining the best price for their wine products.
- Why they chose to tokenize their wine production.
- Episode 110: How Carbon Trading Can Benefit Farmers with Aldyen Donnelly of Nori
- Episode 189 – Farmers Building Their Own Open Source Technology
Connect with Mike Barrow
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Join the Conversation!
To get your most pressing ag questions answered and share your perspective on various topics we’ve discussed on the Future of Agriculture podcast, head over to SpeakPipe.com/FutureofAg and leave a recorded message!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: